Wednesday, January 9, 2013

30 Day Self-Esteem Challenge - Day 3

A part of your personality that you like.

I'd have to say the part of me I'm most proud of is my over-nourished inner child. I'm a bad sufferer of Peter Pan Syndrome. I've never quite allowed her - or, rather, forced her - to grow up, so I've never lost my sense of wonder at things that are new. I've never lost the importance of play and laughter, and I've never stopped seeing innocence as something nice instead of something to be overcome. That doesn't mean I'm childlike or innocent or immature or anything like that, it's just that I can be perfectly happy playing with my baby cousin's farm animals with her and watching Disney movies from my childhood. It's fun, and you're only too old for it if you tell yourself you are.

Well, now that that's over, some announcements:

Today is the first day of classes! I've had Organic Chemistry, Genomics/Proteomics/Bioinformatics (study of DNA sequencing and protein form and function), and Herpetology (study of reptiles and amphibians). I have the same o-chem prof as last semester, so that's good, and so far I really like both of my other classes I've had. Then again, it's a little early to make such judgements :P

I have Religons of the West and Cultural Anthropology tomorrow, so I'll let you know how those go!

This weekend I want to accomplish two posts: One on my new cruelty-free makeup products, shown below:


Images from my Instagram
And one on Pantheism. I promised all the way back in my intro that I'd do it, and I haven't. Reading Carl Sagan has inspired me! I'll give you a sneak peak to that one, a video put together by Max Schlickenmeyer featuring a fantastic quote from astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson:


Looking forward to sharing all of it with you guys!

<3, Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment