Monday, December 3, 2012

My holiday playlist!

Hi lovelies!

Ugh. Why aren't there 25 hours in a day again? I have an annotated bibliography (done) and a short paper (in progress) due tomorrow, my organic chemistry lab final on Wednesday, offsite event training for SPCA on Thursday, an ochem exam in lecture on Friday, a rough draft for one of my final essays due Friday, Hanukkah with Dylan's family on Saturday, an SPCA adoption event Sunday, a 10-page paper due Monday, and finals all the rest of that week, including ANOTHER paper and all my logs for Religions of the East due. WHERE DID THE TIME GO?!

Anyway, because I'm drowning in stress and desperate for something to be cheery about, I thought I'd share some of my favorite holiday music! It's by no means a complete list, but it's a good start! They're also in no particular order, just ones that are on my mind currently.

(Yes, some of them are religious. If that offends you, don't listen to those and enjoy the others.)

1) "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" - Bing Crosby


(Seriously, if you don't love this song we aren't friends.)

2) "Believe" - Josh Groban, from The Polar Express soundtrack


4) "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" - Amy Grant

Infinitely my favorite religious Christmas song

5) "Happy Hanukkah" - Matisyahu

I don't celebrate Hanukkah (though this year I will be with Dylan's family who's Jewish), but this is seriously SO catchy. Honestly, regardless of WHICH holiday it's about, it's impossible not to get pumped for the holidays listening to this song. 

6) "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I've always wanted to see them live.

7) "Do You Hear What I Hear?" - Carrie Underwood

There are a LOT of great versions of this song, but this one is currently my favorite. I'm not usually a huge fan of hers, but she does really good Christmas music.

8) "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" - Paul McCartney

Duh.

9) "O Holy Night" - Josh Groban

Can't argue with a classic.

10) "What's This?" - Fall Out Boy

This is FOB's cover of a song from Tim Burton's movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's so fun! Shown here re-synced over the scene from the movie.

11) "The First Noel" - Carrie Underwood

Again, one of many great versions. And I want that dress.

12) "Dominick The Italian Christmas Donkey" - Lou Monte

If you don't find this hilarious, you need to reevaluate your life.

13) "Feliz Navidad" - Jose Feliciano

Classic, awesome, any list is incomplete without it.

And, finally, quite possibly my favorite Christmas song everrrrr. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I've included several versions, including Judy Garland's in "Meet Me In St. Louis," a version by Coldplay, one by Luther Vandross, and one by the one and only Frank Sinatra.









Enjoy them! And happy holidays everyone :)

<3,Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment