Sunday, October 14, 2012

Williamsburg, thrifting, and an evening at the theatahhh.

Hi friends,

This weekend just keeps getting better and better! I told you all about Bo Burnham on Thursday and shopping on Friday, but Saturday is probably the icing on the cake. Here's what I wore:

Lace undershirt: Forever 21
Chambray shirt: Old Navy
Leggings: Target
Belt: Charming Charlie (Maurissa's)
Boots: PacSun.com, about two years ago
I felt like it was perfect for autumn. Layers and a mix of patterns and textures. 
Enjoying the architecture at W&M
And, ladies and germs, allow me to introduce for your viewing pleasure, the lovely Maurissa!
Top: J. Crew Outlet
Pants: Vintage, from her mother (and very cute)
Flats: DSW
Well heyyyy, beautiful lady!

Lookin' like a model in a magazine. 
First of all, Maurissa and I went to nearby Williamsburg to visit Connor, a friend of mine from high school who attends the College of William and Mary. We stopped for lunch at a place near their campus called Aroma's, an adorable little coffee shop. I get a disgustingly delicious vegetarian cheese melt. Literally, it's just liquefied cheese on bread with some lettuce and Dijon mustard. 


Both of these are photos I found on the internet, because I was too absentminded to take actual photos. The photo on the bottom actually has credit to the photographer. Isn't it adorable?!
 That was fabulous, like always. :) But the fun didn't stop there. Next stop: thrifting! Being an amateur thrifter myself, all I was gonna get was a cool Target lamp that was only $14 but would have been like $35 in the store. (It's not a stupid purchase! *shifty eyes* We're gonna have an on-campus apartment next year that needs a lamp!) However, then Maurissa and I found this baby:

Isn't it HIDEOUS?! We've taken it on as a personal project to make this cute somehow. And to have it to wear to an ugly sweater party. Either way, it's gonna be fun. You guys will probably see some ideas bounced around for it, so be prepared!

Anyway, after thrifting we went to the Williamsburg outlets for some more shopping. I bought a really soft mint sweater from J. Crew for only $30, plus a phone case. With all the discounts (sale + 15% student discount) I got the sweater and the phone case for the same price as the full-price sweater. It's like the phone case was free! I'll post a pic in the sweater sometime this week, because it's DEFINITELY getting worn.

After all was said and done, I found myself facing a free evening. ("Free" as in I didn't have a million homework assignments staring me down.) I ended up going to the Ferguson Center to see Theater CNU's student production of Mary Stuart.

Playbill
It's an adaptation of the conflict surrounding Mary Stuart's imprisonment and subsequent execution in England at the hands of Elizabeth I. It was awesome! It was surprisingly factually accurate, beautifully acted, and just overall very nicely done. 

Now, I was raised to always dress up to the theater. Luckily, the basic skeleton from my outfit transferred nicely into an evening look:

Lace shirt & Leggings: Same as above
Blazer: Macy's
Flats: Target
It was so easy! And all I had to do was pin up my bangs and pull a few tendrils out of my fishtail braid to make it look a litle more dressy.

Well, that's it for a super fun Saturday! Not that my wallet could have handled any more! :P Anyways, now I'm off to cram for an o-chem test tomorrow morning at 8am sharp. Wish me luck, and have a good week!

<3, Ali




No comments:

Post a Comment