Friday, October 12, 2012

A fun week!

Hello lovelies!

This week was of course busy (I've come to expect nothing less), but it ended on a FANTASTIC note!

First, though, I just wanted to share an outfit from this week that I'm actually pretty proud of. It's from Thursday, 10/11:

I went for vintage! I kept it monochromatic, black and white with a pop of red. 
Top: Forever 21
Leggings: Charlotte Russe
Flats: Target
Sunnies: Borrowed from the lovely Maurissa

I decided the lips weren't enough of a pop - so what better than a bow?!
So, now that the self-obsession is over, it's time to get down to what REALLY made this week amazing - BO BURNHAM!! He came to CNU on Thursday to do a show, and it was awesome!

I've been a fan for YEARS, ever since he was making YouTube videos singing in his bedroom, like so:


This came out when I was a FRESHMAN. IN. HIGH. SCHOOL. Seriously. And there's even older ones. He's brilliant, witty, and sometimes biting in his comedy, and I'm really proud of how far he's come.


Best $10 I ever spent. (Student discounted ticket price.)

Not bad seats! Especially considering I waited until pretty late to get my tickets.

Weeeeee! Sorry for low picture quality.

 He was hilarious, and I absolutely loved getting to go see him. Our campus actually has a lot of good people coming this year; on November 18th I'm going to see Wanda Sykes! Liza Minnelli was here tonight, but I went to support our student-run sketch comedy group, CNU Tonight, instead. I miss being a part of it like last semester, but I'm just WAY too busy. Still, I made sure to get out and support my friends.

Finally, I just wanted to show you the most glorious product of today's impromptu retail therapy with Maurissa:

Forever 21. Originally $35, on sale for $24.
I LOVE it! It's super cozy and rather fabulous, if I do say so myself. By the way, I didn't lie when I said that the self-obsession was over, because this is about the sweater. :P

It's been a good pretty fantastic week. Botany is over (thank the heavens) and zoology starts this coming week, which is exciting. Also, I'm waiting to hear from our local SPCA about a volunteer opportunity. As you guys know, that's where I want to make my career as a vet, so I reallyyyyy hope it works out. Wish me luck! And have a fun and safe weekend everyone!

<3,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment